We take the protection of your personal data when you use this website very seriously. This policy tells you how your personal data are collected, processed and used when you visit this website and use the services on offer here.
(1) Personal data are individual data that relate to or can be linked to a person, such as a name, a postal address, a telephone number, an email address, bank account, etc. Personal data may therefore allow conclusions to be drawn about a person’s identity.
(2) The service provider pursuant to Sec. 13 Telemedia Act (TMG) and the controller pursuant to the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Beckergrube 38 - 52
You have the following rights in connection with our processing of your data:
(1) Right to information pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR about the processing of your personal data by us, the purpose of processing, categories of data processed, the duration of storage or criteria for determining this duration, the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection to processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, information about the origin of data and the existence of automated decision-making and if applicable, information about guarantees obtained pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR if data are transferred to a third country or international organisation;
(2) Right to rectification without delay of incorrect personal data or to completion of incomplete personal data pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR;
(3) Right to erasure of personal data pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR if the data are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected or otherwise processed, if consent is withdrawn and there is no other legal basis, if an objection has been made to processing and the data may no longer be processed pursuant to Art. 21 (1) or (2) GDPR, if the data were processed unlawfully, if the erasure is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation or if the data were collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to Art. 8 (1) GDPR. This does not apply to the extent that the processing is necessary to exercise the right of free expression and information, meet a legal obligation, in the public interest or to claim, exercise or defend legal rights;
(4) Right to restrict processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR if you contest the accuracy of the data (for as long as is necessary to verify their accuracy), if the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the data and request the restriction of their use instead, if we no longer need the data for the purpose of the processing but you need the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override yours;
(5) Right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR (if the data are processed for the purpose of direct marketing) or pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR (if processing takes place pursuant to Art. 6 (1) e) or f) GDPR, on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims). Further information about your right to object can be found in 15 below;
(6) Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, i.e. the right to receive or have transferred to another controller the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
(7) Right to withdraw at any time consent given pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR. Withdrawal of consent means that we may no longer process the data with future effect from the withdrawal date. See also 16 below;
(8) Right to object to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. The supervisory authority responsible for us is mentioned in 4 below. This right to object exists regardless of any other administrative or judicial remedies.
(9) Please send all requests for information, access or objections to data processing by email to stiftung.datenschutz(at)possehl.de or to the address mentioned in 1 (2) above.
No automated decision-making takes place here.
The address of our supervisory authority is:
Unabhängiges Landeszentrum für Datenschutz Schleswig-Holstein, Holstenstraße 98, D-24103 Kiel,
Phone: +49 (0)431 988-1200, Fax: +49 (0)431 988-1223
(1) Every time our website is accessed the access data are stored in a logfile on the server of our provider.
(2) This dataset consists of your IP address, the date and time of the request, the name of the file requested, the data volume transferred and the access status, a description of the web-browser used, the operating system and the name of your internet service provider.
(3) These data are collected for technical reasons. They are only analysed for statistical purposes (visitor numbers and page popularity) and without reference to any individuals. They are erased automatically after a maximum of 14 days.
(1) If you only use the website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not log in, register or otherwise send us information, we do not collect personal information apart from the data mentioned in 5.2, which your browser sends for technical reasons in order to enable you to visit the website.
a) This website uses the following cookies:
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a given period, which varies from one cookie to another. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser as you wish, e.g. to accept third-party cookies or to reject all cookies. If you do, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website, however.
e) The Flash cookies are not tracked by your browser, but rather by your Flash plug-in. They store the necessary data regardless of the browser you use and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you have to install an appropriate add-on. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest is that we process the data to carry out statistical analysis of how our website is used and to optimise our online offerings for users.
(1) In addition to the purely informational function of our website, we offer various services that you may use if you wish. This generally means you have to provide other personal data, which we use to deliver the respective service. If additional information may be provided voluntarily, this is noted accordingly.
(2) If you make contact with the service provider by email, we will store your email address, and your name and telephone number if provided, in order to answer your questions.
The contents of our pages have been compiled with great care. However, we are not liable for ensuring that the contents are correct, complete and up-to-date. Section 7 paragraph 1 German Telemedia Act (TMG) stipulates that as service providers we are responsible for our own contents on these pages in accordance with general legislation. In accordance with Sections 8 to 10 TMG, however, we are as service providers not obliged to monitor third party information that has been sent to us or stored by us or to investigate it for any indications of illegal activity. This does not affect any obligation under general legislation to remove or prevent the use of information. However, we are only liable in this regard from the time we become aware of a concrete breach of the law. We will remove contents without delay when we become aware of any such breaches of the law.
Our pages may include links to external third-party websites over which we have no control. We therefore assume no liability for these third-party contents. The contents of linked pages are always the responsibility of their respective operator. The linked pages were examined for unlawful content at the time the link was set. At this time there was no indication of unlawful content. However, it is not reasonable for us to monitor the linked pages on a permanent basis without any concrete indication of unlawful content. If we become aware of unlawful content we will remove any such links without delay.
We take technical and organisational measures to secure our website and other systems against the loss, destruction, access, modification or dissemination of your data by unauthorised parties. Despite regular monitoring it is not possible to eliminate all risks completely, however.
Our website uses the industry standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) for encryption purposes. This ensures that your personal data are kept confidential when you send them via the internet. You can see that the connection is encrypted by the key or padlock symbol in URL line of your browser.
Your personal data are only forwarded to third parties
- if you have given your explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR;
- if necessary, to meet contractual obligations pursuant to Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR;
- if we are obliged by law to forward the data pursuant to Art. 6 (1) c) GDPR;
- if forwarding the data is in the public interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) e) GDPR or;
- if forwarding the data is to protect our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR or those of a third party, unless you have an overriding interest in the protection of your data.
We process the following categories of data: master data (e.g. company name, contact person, address), communication data, contract data, receivables data, any payment or overdue information. Please refer to the information above.
In order to process your request satisfactorily we may have to forward your personal data to a third-party recipient. This third-party recipient is L. Possehl & Co. mbH, Beckergrube 38-52. Other third-party recipients can be found in our funding application form.
We store your data for as long as they are needed for the respective purpose of the processing. Otherwise we only store your data to the extent that we are obliged by law to do so, e.g. by statutory retention obligations.
In accordance with Art. 21 GDPR you may object at any time to the processing of your personal data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) e) (data processing in the public interest) or f) (data processing on the basis of an overriding legitimate interest). If you object, your personal data will no longer be processed, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Please send your objection to the email address stiftung.datenschutz(at)possehl.de.
If you have consented to the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Of course this also applies to any consent given before 25 May 2018 (the effective date of the GDPR). Withdrawal of consent is only effective for the future. Withdrawing your consent does not retroactively affect the lawfulness of processing.
Please notify us that you are withdrawing your consent by email to stiftung.datenschutz(at)possehl.de.
This data protection policy is dated 15.11.2018. It is the current and valid version of our data protection policy.
However, you are advised that this data protection policy may have to be revised from time to time due to statutory or other changes.
If you have any questions about data protection you may contact our data protection officer at:
Vater Solution GmbH
or by email at stiftung.datenschutz(at)possehl.de.
Possehl Foundation Lübeck
Beckergrube 38 – 52
Tel.: +49 (0)451 148-200
More about the Foundation
Here you can find our annual reports, Emil Possehl’s will, and the brand eins Wissen magazine to mark our 100th anniversary.
Our articles of association
The Foundation only supports non-profit and charitable causes and “promotes all that is good and beautiful in Lübeck”.